Swimmer Code of Conduct
The Woodlands Township Aquatics Division staff wants this swim team season to be a fun, family-friendly, positive, and learning experience for everyone involved. This Code of Conduct was developed to help everyone (especially all the kids) have a better swim team experience this season, and is meant to be a positive guide for their behavior during both swim team practices and swim meets.
- 1.I will participate in swim team because I want to, not just because my parents or coaches want me to.
- 2.I will respect myself by coming to the pool with a great attitude and always doing my best in the water.
- 3.I will respect my teammates in the pool, on the deck, in the restrooms, and in public. I will cheer them on, congratulate great swims, and support them when they are upset.
- 4.I will respect my coaches by listening carefully and following their instructions.
- 5.I will respect my opponents, their team officials, and parents, by treating them all the same as I treat my own teammates, coaches, and parents.
- 6.I will respect everyone by controlling my temper. I know that fighting, splashing others in the pool in a distracting manner, and “mouthing off” can spoil the fun for everyone. I know that can expect discipline for these actions.
- 7.I will respect my pool by helping to keep the pool, deck, and bathrooms clean and safe.
- 8.I will remember that winning isn’t everything – that having fun, improving my skills, making friends, being a good teammate, and doing my best are also important.
- 9.I will always follow the rules of the pool whether at my pool or visiting someone else’s pool.
- 10.I will remember that coaches, officials, and lifeguards are there to help me learn and keep me safe. I will always accept their decisions and do my best for the team.
I, ____________________________ (print swimmer’s name) agree to follow the Swim Team Member Code of Conduct.
Printed Name or Signature of Swimmer (by swimmer) Signature of Parent/Guardian that helped review this Code with their child
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct for Swimmers will be discussed with parents or guardians, and may result in the swimmer being suspended and/or removed from the team.